Specs & Details
The 665 Series Chemical-Free Iron & Sulfur Filter uses natural oxidation to remove iron, manganese and sulfur without chemicals, air pumps or a venturi. Uses 50% less water than traditional filters.
- Raw water passes through a compressed pocket of air in the first tank
- The air precipitates the iron into solid form and is removed when it passes through the birm media bed in the second tank
- The media acts as a catalyst in the reaction between iron and oxygen that causes the iron to precipitate into a solid
- As more water passes through the unit the air becomes depleted and the media becomes loaded with the iron
- Periodic automatic regeneration replenishes the supply of air and cleans the media of filtered iron
- The media is not consumed making this a much more economical iron removal process
Click here for full specifications.